City of Union City - New Business License Application
The City of Union City would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
What You Need to Know to Get Started
1. Business licenses are renewed on an annual basis and expire on their corresponding anniversary date.
2. The business start date is the date your business started operating in the City of Union City.
3. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and "accepted". You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application.
Then, in 1 - 2 business days, you will be notified of the amount due and instructions on how to pay online.
DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING!
Depending on the Type of Business, Additional Documentation May Be Required
If applicable, you will complete and then upload at a later step of this process. Please see below:
• Commercial Leasing Supplemental Form - leasing commercial property to others in Union City
• General/Sub-Contractor Supplemental Form - California state licensed contractors operating in Union City
• Public Transportation Supplemental Form - offering public transportation services in Union City (e.g. taxicab, uber/lyft, limousine, shuttle, ambulance, trucking, etc.)
• Professional Services Supplemental Form - conducting all other types of services in Union City (e.g. consultant, designer, broker, physician, esthetician, etc.)
• Canvassing and Soliciting Supplemental Form - conducting canvassing or soliciting activities in Union City (e.g. door-to-door sales)
• Mobile Food Vendor Supplemental Form - operating a food truck in Union City
• High-Piled Fire Permit Application & Regulated Activity Fire Permit Application - both are required for businesses using high-piled storage
***All Food type businesses are required to upload their food inspection permits (i.e. Alameda County Health, California Food & Drug Branch, USDA, etc.)
NOTE: All supplemental forms can be downloaded from the city's website at www.unioncity.org/businesslicense.
Some businesses will complete and upload more than one supplemental form.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-675-5312.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners.
To read the full notice in English, click HERE. To view in other languages click HERE.